My client is a billion-dollar, leading specialty retailer of apparel, equipment, and accessories. They operate over 700 stores worldwide and are currently looking to bring on mid-senior level DevOps Engineer for their Headquartered office.
Due to expansion they are looking for DevOps Engineer for their Lynnwood, WA office. This person will be responsible for delivering high-quality, reliable, and stable infrastructure technologies for Commerce Environments.
- Communicates highly complex ideas and concepts to non-technical peers and customers
- Communicates clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to establish cross-functional, collaborative relationships with business and technology partners
- Support the platform development team and perform activities to resolve developer issues in a timely and accurate fashion
- Lead team members through technical problem and design sessions. Assist in their professional development through their cultural attributes.
- Engineer IT build and release processes
- Ability to effectively manage and partner with technology vendors to deliver against business objectives
- Conducts research and makes recommendations on standards, products, and services in support of the their Commerce Platforms
- Ensures application and infrastructure architectural solutions are stable, secure, and compliant with Company standards and practices
- Implements all technologies in accordance with Information Security's guiding principles for highly sensitive data
- Provide high-availability operational support and automate solutions across the environment
- 5 or more years of overall experience in DevOps
- 2-3 years extensive experience with Cloud Platforms like AWS, Azure, Openstack, Google Cloud, etc.
- 2+ year of technical leadership (this is not a direct people management position)
- 5 or more years Operations and Production Systems Experience as Software Engineer or Systems Engineer.
- 5+ years of experience in one or more of the following languages: C, C++, Java, Python, Go, Perl and/or Ruby.
- 5+ years experience with large-scale distributed systems and client-server architectures
- Demonstrated ability to debug and optimize code, and automate routine tasks.
- Experience with configuration management tools, Chef, Puppet etc
- Experience Writing complex automations from scratch with Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash, Powershell, etc. preferably within Operations)
- Continuous integration and continuous delivery tools and processes (Ideally Jenkins)
- Experience with multiple cloud/system/operations/application monitoring tools. (such as Nagios, Cloudwatch, Splunk, AppDynamics, Datadog, New Relic, Graphite)
- Public on the Nasdaq
- $900 million in revenue
- Great environment – don’t micro manage (easy to speak to and get answers/decisions).
- Low turnover
- Comprehensive health, dental, 401k etc.
- 2,400 total employees
- 38 employees in IT department
- Founded in 1978