6 month contract
My client is a leader in payroll services for the entertainment industry. This position is responsible for building next-generation features in Scenechronize, the industry-standard studio and production data and document management system. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be a hands-on, full-stack developer -- defining, building, and delivering new application features, while working closely with the rest of the Dev Team, as well as Product Management, DevOps, and QA groups. Your work will be instrumental to the business and disruptive to the industry.
- Full-stack expertise including relational databases, search server, middle-tier, and front-end UI components
- Expert knowledge of Java 8 and experience with core Java components and frameworks, such as Spring, Hibernate, and GWT
- Strong understanding of OO fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms
- Solid background with relational databases (MySQL/Postgres) and SQL DML/DDL, and with ORM tools (Hibernate)
- Experience with Python/Jython, Go, bash
- Familiarity with development under MacOS/OSX and Linux, including scripting and tools
- Hands-on experience with Google Web Toolkit (GWT)
- Experience with queueing (RabbitMQ, etc.) including point-to-point and publish/subscribe
- Familiarity with deploying to cloud platforms such as AWS
- Familiarity with AWS components including S3 and EC2
- Hands-on experience with security standards such as OAuth2, JWT and Spring Security.
- Ability to design systems with support for scaling, HA, and DR
- Thorough understanding of REST API design and consumption
- Ability to absorb, understand and communicate written and verbal information and ideas, and to deliver in a concise manner that is easily understood by others.
- Ability to apply critical thinking to identifying the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Desired: Experience with Java build and testing frameworks, such as Jenkins, Ant, Maven/Gradle, and JUnit.
- Experience with other languages a plus
- Design, document, develop, and deploy new features and updates to Scenechronize / SmartHub product
- Integrate with internal and external systems and create externally facing client APIs
- Work in a Scrum/Agile environment to release on a regular cadence while ensuring high velocity. Participate in refinement and estimation of stories.
- Collaborate closely with other developers, Product and Project Management, QA, Architecture, and DevOps to ensure that the right solutions are being delivered.
- Collaborate with external integration partners to ensure solutions solve mutual goals.
- Refine feature requirements with Product Management on a regular basis.
- Generate automated unit/integration tests, CI/CD artifacts and monitoring infrastructure as part of deliverables.
- Continuously look for opportunities for improvement in practices, coding standards, SDLC and business solutions in a variety of areas.
- Identify, document and drive standards in the API/services area.
- Mentor and train other developers.