My client designs, develops, manufactures, markets, sells and supports a family of management products that enable unified service delivery management capabilities, performance management and optimization of complex, high-speed networks, that assure the delivery of critical business applications, services, and content efficiently to customers and end-users. The company manufactures and markets these products as an integrated hardware and software solution that is used by commercial enterprises, government agencies and telecommunications service providers worldwide
They are expanding the team and looking for a Sales Engineer in the Chicago area to support their sales rep in the Chicago area covering the Midwest.
Proven pre-sales record of success and achievement for themselves and their team. The Sales Engineer will need a minimum of 5+ years networking pre-sales technical support experience. Cultural familiarity with and experience in doing business within the Region is critical. Experience in Networking with past experience as a Network Engineer, Application Engineer or Sales Engineer.
- Experience with: software and hardware in network security, networking or firewall, ISP
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of Technical experience in networking, ISP and/or Security Industry, as a Sales Engineer (preferred), Implementation Consultant, or Support Engineer with experience leading projects and working with customers.
- Technical experience with TCP/IP, Routing/Switching Topologies and Networking Protocols, including BGP and MPLS is required.
- Understanding of large ISP networks is extremely desirable.
- Technical experience with a security background with knowledge of Firewall, IDS, IPS, DDoS, network exploits, internet malware and packet analysis is preferred.
- Experience in customer engineering, network engineering for a data network vendor, service provider or network security is preferred
- Experience selling and working in network management (Splunk, ArcSight and QRadar) is preferred.
- Must be able to create and deliver field trials, manage competitive bakeoffs, run onsite presentations, perform product demonstrations, lead whiteboard discussions, etc., to best present Arbor’s solutions in the best possible light in order to close deals to commercial customers.
Base: 130-150K+ OTE: 200K+